Rigging & Assembly
The modular frame design and lighter weight of ECOSS provides installation cost savings:
- 50% less rigging weight versus conventional designs.
- Smaller crane required.
- Less structural steel supports required.
- Building block assembly
- NO sealer tape, NO drift pins, NO screw tappers, or associated labor.
No Performance De-rate
ECOSS was designed and performance tested [in our climate lab] as a stainless steel evaporative condenser. The heat exchanger tube diameter/spacing within is optimized for ammonia condensing. This optimization provides an external surface to internal volume ratio that is 39% greater than conventional designs.
Plug-and-play power-control system
When you purchase an ECOSS it comes fully wired and ready to run. All power-control panels are mounted and factory wired:
- Single point power disconnect.
- Control display is mounted at ground level [can be shipped loose for remote mounting].
- Separate BUS cable for each fan is wired to controller.
- GMM [Guntner Motor Management] controls fan speed based on local or remote setpoint.
- Integrated water level and heater control system [optional].
Payback of less than 1.5 years
The installed cost for ECOSS is a small premium versus conventional systems when you consider the following cost:
- Rigging/Assembly Labor.
- Start-up Passivation chemicals and associated labor.
- Variable Frequency Drive and accessory cost.
- Performance De-rate for switching from galvanized to stainless steel tubing.
- Power-control enclosures, wiring, and associated labor.
With annual operating [EC fan energy] and maintenance [NO belts, NO bearings, NO grease, and NO passivation chemicals] savings of $7500 to $10,000. You have a payback of less than 1.5 years.
For a 20 year operating period you would save between $150,000 and $200,000 in operating and maintenance cost. With 30 years the savings grow even higher.