Adiabatic Condenser with hydroBLU technology
Dry or wet operation
Adiabatic operating principle
Güntner‘s ACS coolers or condensers with hydroBLU™ Technology can be operated either wet or dry.
Both modes can provide excellent drycooler or condenser performance with a small footprint and low operating costs. The cooling limit, i.e. the theoretically best possible return temperature condensing pressure for the ACS is tied to the wet bulb temperature of the ambient air at the drycooler/condenser.
Our experts will configure the ACS specifically for your application and optimize it for its intended operation in your system. This is the only way of ideally dimensioning the drycoolers or condensers and minimizing the operating costs of the complete system. Benefit from our experience!
- CO2, NH3, HFCs coolers/condensers
- Water source heat pumps
- Variable Refrigerants flow
- Chillers – water and remote condensing
- Geothermal Heat Pumps
- Free cooling for Data Centers
- Power & Process cooling
- Plastics Industry
- General Process
Advantages of the V-SHAPE cooler at a glance
- Maximum capacity on a small footprint
- Available as condenser, fluid cooler and gas cooler
- Optimized for the respective fluid: Tube and fin geometries provide outstanding capacities at reduced tube volumes
- CO2 gas cooler variant with an operating pressure of up to 120 bar
- Adiabatic pre-cooling system (optional)
Adiabatic pre-cooling – with intelligent HydroBLU Technology control
- Energy-efficient operation with EC fan motors and wetted pads
- Metered water control with hydroBLU Technology
- Reliable controls have easy start up and low maintenance
- No aerosols
- No water treatment required
- No sump, recirculating water or pump required
- No wetting of the coil
The ACS V-SHAPE cooler: In a class of its own
The new V-SHAPE units heat exchanger is specifically designed for the fluid HFC, NH3, CO2 or water/glycol mixture. The core tube diameters and materials, in combination with the fin geometries, provide the best possible combination of maximum capacity and minimum tube volume. Operated with the optional adiabatic HydroPad pre-cooling system and the wide range of accessories, the V-SHAPE leaves nothing to be desired in its performance category!
Technical equipment of the V-SHAPE cooler
The ACS V-SHAPE coolers are equipped with retractable crane lugs and allow for particularly easy installation and quick mounting. The solid units with their compact casings made of powder-coated, galvanized steel are extensively tested for stability; for instance, Guntner coolers and condensers are subjected to lifting tests to assess the torsional stiffness and to load tests to determine the snow load and the resistance of structures to earthquakes. The capacity ranges from 5 tons up to 600 tons depending on the application; The heat exchangers optimized for CO2 this refrigerant are designed for an operating pressure of up to 120 bar as a standard!
Intelligent control of fan speed and wetting
- Water conserved by volume control
- Very low energy consumption using Electronically
- Commutated (EC) fans
- Very low water consumption because dry/wet
- switchover is set at a high level
Optimal adiabatic cooling delivery System
- Maximum adiabatic efficiency
- No water circulation
- No aerosol output
- Automatic draining
- Dry cooling coil
- No spraying
- No water treatment required on typical Systems
Multifunctional use of humidification pads
- Easily removed for dry operation
- Reliable adiabatic delivery system
- Protects coil from dirt and debris
Integrated, intelligent control
- Wired ready to use
- EC fans with the Güntner Motor Managment (GMM)
- fan speed controller
- GMM step controller for fan cycling
- With no wetting of the unit, it operates like a
- conventional finned dry cooler or condenser
- Energy is dissipated to the ambient air via convection
- For high external temperatures and/or during higher
- cooling loads
- The fluid can be brought down below the ambient dry bulb temperature, even without directly wetting the heat exchangers
- Air is adiabatically cooled and then energy dissipated by convection
Increased efficiency and capacity resulting from the adiabatic HydroPad pre-cooling System
The optional adiabatic HydroPad pre-cooling system offers substantial savings.
On the one hand, the wetting system can increase the capacity of the unit allowing you to operate smaller units with a reduced footprint without undermining the given capacity requirements.
And on the other hand, this option allows for operating all the refrigerating plants more efficiently, thereby saving money.
Adiabatic Dry Coolers
At peak ambient temperatures, the air entering the finned heat exchanger is pre-cooled by wetted cooling pads to a temperature approaching the wet bulb temperature, without aerosol formation and without applying water to the finned surface. The pre-cooling process maintains the required leaving fluid temperatures or condensing temperatures at peak ambient conditions. The adiabatic process significantly increases the thermal efficiency of the cooler or condenser with minimal water usage.
The increased thermal performance at peak ambient conditions lowers the total cost of ownership. The reduction in compressor energy usage permits higher COP’s, with a significantly reduced footprint.
Cooling towers or evaporative condensers use water as the evaporative cooling source throughout the year. The adiabatic alternative only uses water at peak ambient conditions thereby significantly reducing water usage, water treatment, chemicals, sewage and the costs associated with each.
Expanded zone for transcritical CO2 plants by using gas coolers with HydroPad
Let's head southwards! This is one way of describing the possible applications of the newly developed V-SHAPE Compact as gas cooler with HydroPad as it pushes the previous border for transcritical CO2 plants, often referred to as "CO2 equator", far beyond the previously valid geographic boundaries. Until recently, transcritical CO2 installations were interesting from an economic point of view only for regions north of the Alps. The limitations of use depend on the average annual temperature of the respective location. The high temperature periods in the Mediterranean area resulted in excessively long transcritical operating times that had a negative effect on the plant's efficiency.
- Staggered tube geometry
- Surface-corrugated aluminum fins for high heat transfer
Frame and Casing
- Sheet steel, galvanized
- Painted with RAL 7035
- Proven quality fans
- Low-noise fans
- Standard with two speeds
- 5 sound levels
- Motor protection with thermocontacts
- 230 V, 1Ph, 50/60 Hz
- 400 V, 3Ph, 50/60 Hz for fan diameter of 500 mm (20")
- Option for high efficiency EC motors
- Corrosion-protected fins
- Circuit breakdown
- EC fans with Motor Management
- Quiet fans
- Epoxy-resin coated fins
- Special varnishing
- Max. operating pressure 41 bar
- Empty casing (fitted at the side)
- Vibration dampers
- Liquid Receiver
- Circuit breakdown
- Separate heat exchanger