High Density Adiabatically Cooled Fluid Cooler with hydroBLU technology
Dry or wet operation
Adiabatic operating principle
Güntner‘s ADC HD coolers or condensers with hydroBLU™ Technology can be operated either wet or dry.
Both modes can provide excellent drycooler or condenser performance with a small footprint and low operating costs. The cooling limit, i.e. the theoretically best possible return temperature condensing pressure for the ADC HD is tied to the wet bulb temperature of the ambient air at the drycooler/condenser.
Our experts will configure the ADC HD specifically for your application and optimize it for its intended operation in your system. This is the only way of ideally dimensioning the drycoolers or condensers and minimizing the operating costs of the complete system. Benefit from our experience!
- CO2, NH3, HFCs coolers/condensers
- Water source heat pumps
- Variable Refrigerants flow
- Chillers – water and remote condensing
- Geothermal Heat Pumps
- Free cooling for Data Centers
- Power & Process cooling
- Plastics Industry
- General Process
Benefits of ADC HD
- Smaller footprint, closer to cooling tower
- Larger capacities compared to V-SHAPE - Double for same footprint
- Low manteinance compared to cooling tower
- Same HydroBLU controls as the ACS V-SHAPE units
Advantages of the ADC HD at glance
- Maximum capacity on a small footprint, making a good potential replacement for existing fluid coolers
- Available as condenser and fluid cooler
- Optimized for the respected fluid: Tube and fin geometries provide outstanding capacities at reduced tube volumes
- Adiabatic pre-cooling system (optional) uses thicker pads for a 90-95% pad efficiency
The ADC HD cooler: In a class of its own
The new ADC HD units heat exchanger is specifically designed for the fluid HFC, NH3, CO2 or water/glycol mixture. The core tube diameters and materials, in combination with the fin geometries, provide the best possible combination of maximum capacity and minimum tube volume. Operated with the optional adiabatic HydroPad pre-cooling system and the wide range of accessories, the ADC HD leaves nothing to be desired in its performance category!
Technical equipment of the ADC HD cooler
The ADC HD cooler ship in two pieces due to height and "stacked" together on site. The solid units with their compact casings made of powder-coated, galvanized steel are extensively tested for stability; for instance, Guntner coolers and condensers are subjected to lifting tests to assess the torsional stiffness and to load tests to determine the snow load and the resistance of structures to earthquakes. The capacity ranges up to 1200 tons depending on the application; The heat exchangers optimized for CO2 this refrigerant are designed for an operating pressure of up to 120 bar as a standard!
Intelligent control of fan speed and wetting
- Water conserved by volume control
- Very low energy consumption using Electronically
- Electronically Commutated (EC) fans
- Very low water consumption because dry/wet
- Switchover is set at a high level
- Low sounds levels
Optimal adiabatic cooling delivery System
- Maximum adiabatic efficiency
- No water circulation
- No aerosol output
- Automatic draining
- Dry cooling coil
- No spraying
- No water treatment required on typical Systems
- Pads are fitted along the unit
Multifunctional use of humidification pads
- Easily removed for dry operation
- Reliable adiabatic delivery system
- Protects coil from dirt and debris
Integrated, intelligent control
- Wired ready to use
- EC fans with the Güntner Motor Managment (GMM)
- fan speed controller
- With no wetting of the unit, it operates like a
- conventional finned dry cooler or condenser
- Energy is dissipated to the ambient air via convection
- For high external temperatures and/or during higher
- cooling loads
- The fluid can be brought down below the ambient dry bulb temperature, even without directly wetting the heat exchangers
- Air is adiabatically cooled and then energy dissipated by convection
- The High Density efficiencies enable performance closer to evaporative cooled systems
Increased efficiency and capacity resulting from the adiabatic HydroBLU pre-cooling System
The optional adiabatic HydroBLU pre-cooling system offers substantial savings.
On the one hand, the wetting system can increase the capacity of the unit allowing you to operate smaller units with a reduced footprint without undermining the given capacity requirements.
And on the other hand, this option allows for operating all the refrigerating plants more efficiently, thereby saving money.
Adiabatic Dry Coolers
At peak ambient temperatures, the air entering the finned heat exchanger is pre-cooled by wetted cooling pads to a temperature approaching the wet bulb temperature, without aerosol formation and without applying water to the finned surface. The pre-cooling process maintains the required leaving fluid temperatures or condensing temperatures at peak ambient conditions. The adiabatic process significantly increases the thermal efficiency of the cooler or condenser with minimal water usage.
The increased thermal performance at peak ambient conditions lowers the total cost of ownership. The reduction in compressor energy usage permits higher COP’s, with a significantly reduced footprint.
Cooling towers or evaporative condensers use water as the evaporative cooling source throughout the year. The adiabatic alternative only uses water at peak ambient conditions thereby significantly reducing water usage, water treatment, chemicals, sewage and the costs associated with each.
- Staggered tube geometry
- Surface-corrugated aluminum fins for high heat transfer
Frame and Casing
- Sheet steel, galvanized
- Painted with RAL 7035
- Proven quality fans
- Low-noise fans
- Electronically Commutated Technology
- Various sound levels are achievable
- Motor protection with thermocontacts
- 400 V, 3Ph, 50/60 Hz for fan diameter of 900 mm
- High efficiency EC motors as standard
- Corrosion-protected fins
- Circuit breakdown
- EC fans with Motor Management
- Quiet fans
- Epoxy-resin coated fins
- Split circuit
- Screens fitted over pads for protection against debris
Adiabatic Cooling System (ACS)
The ACS features adiabatic pre-cooling of the intake air significantly increasing the thermal performance of the cooler, with minimal water usage.
Some important benefits of the ACS are:
- Eco - Friendly operation
- Energy efficient – significant energy savings
- Zero/minimal water treatment requirements
- Reduced footprint
- Lower cost of ownership
- No risk of Legionella
- An attractive alternative to evaporative cooling
- Reduced maintenance